SMART READER KIDS X HONG LEONG BANK BERHAD
Smart Reader Kids® in collaboration with Hong Leong Bank Berhad will introduce a brand-new financial literacy programme for children aged 5 and 6. The financial literacy programme, known as DuitSmart Jr. will teach children good money habits that laid a foundation that can be built for their future.
To kick-off the DuitSmart Jr. programme, Hong Leong Bank Berhad has pledged to offer a one-year educational scholarships to three eligible children aged between 3 to 6 worth more than RM15,000.
To qualify for this educational scholarship, all interested candidates must send in a short video recording of themselves presenting their story titled:
My Dream, My Future
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The scholarship programme is organised and sponsored by Smart Reader Worldwide Sdn Bhd and Hong Leong Bank Berhad (‘the Organiser’)
- All participants in the contest will be deemed to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- The contest is open to all individuals who:
*reside in Malaysia;
*and are between 3 to 6 years of age
(except for parents and/or relatives of children who are employees of Smart Reader Worldwide Sdn Bhd and Hong Leong Bank Berhad).
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the Terms and Conditions or the mechanics of the Contest without prior notice.
- The contest period is from 15th November 2021 until 31st January 2022 (both dates inclusive) (the “Contest Period”). The contest period may be changed by Smart Reader Worldwide Sdn Bhd and Hong Leong Bank Berhad at its discretion.
- All entries received before or after the contest period will be disqualified and will not be entertained.
- Participants are required to record a video of themselves presenting their story title My Dream, My Future. The story should describe what the participants ambitions are and why they should be deserving of receiving the scholarship.
- The presentation should start with a short self-introduction (name, age and centre [if applicable]) and followed by the child’s story.
- The duration of the video must be no more than 3 minutes.
- The video should be posted on any of the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram or TikTok.
- Participants must tag both @smartreaderworldwide and @hongleongbankmy/@HLBMalaysia with the hashtag #MyDreamMyFuture.
- Participants should set your social media to public so the Organisers are able to view the video.
- The Organiser shall contact the winners or announce it on social media platforms.
- The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable for cash or any other items. The Organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the contest will be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- By participating in the Contest, the participants’ consent to their personal data being used by Smart Reader Worldwide Sdn Bhd and Hong Leong Bank Berhad for all purposes related to the Contest.
- Smart Reader Worldwide Sdn Bhd and Hong Leong Bank Berhad reserves the right to involve the scholarship recipients in interviews, advertisements, photography or other publicity related activities for the purpose of promoting the organisations.
- The participants acknowledge and agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, Smart Reader Worldwide Sdn Bhd and Hong Leong Bank Berhad disclaim all liabilities for any claims for damages, losses, costs and/or expenses arising from participants in the Contest.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any default in respect of the Contest due to any act of war, riot, strike, industrial action, fire, flood, storm technical or system failure or any event beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Malaysian Law.
- The Courts of Malaysia shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for the redemption of the 1 year scholarship programme voucher
- This Voucher expires 6 months from the date of issuance & strictly, no extension will be granted.
- This Voucher must be presented at the point of purchase.
- This Voucher is non-transferable, non-refundable & non-exchangeable for cash in part or full and is valid for a single transaction.
- The organiser will not be responsible if the Voucher is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed and no replacement will be provided in these circumstances.
- Any printed and/or photo and/or photocopied copy of the Voucher will not be accepted.
- This Voucher is not valid for any outstanding school fees and/or payments owing to the centre.
- This Voucher is not valid with other promotions & campaigns.
- This Voucher can only be utilised if the student is actively registered in a Smart Reader Kids® centre.
- The organiser reserves the right of the final decision in case of any disputes arising from the use of the Voucher and request for the alternative forms of payments if the Voucher is fraudulently obtained or used. The organiser reserves the right to vary and/or amend the privileges to the terms & conditions of this Voucher without prior
- The bearer of this Voucher are bound by the Terms & Condition of this Voucher.
- This Voucher will run continuously from the date of redemption, and shall not be extended due to absenteeism from the centre or any closure of the centre.
- This Voucher is only applicable for 1 half-day programme for the Smart Reader Kids® Classic for the period of 1 year. The scholarship shall include the provision of materials required for the academic year.
- This Voucher cannot be used to offset the purchase of other programmes or materials. The Voucher is only applicable to be utilised for the monthly fees and does not include other miscellaneous and associated fees.
- In the event that the recipient withdraws from the centre before the completion of the programme, the scholarship shall be automatically terminated. However, should the recipient withdraw from the programme due to medical reasons, his/ her scholarship may be retained, subject to the absolute discretion of the Organiser.